Friday, December 28, 2012

Beautiful New Pyrex

Hope everyone just had the very nicest and best Christmas - I did - our family were here, our bellies were full, our gifts were plentiful and our time spent together was fun and relaxing.. This is my first blogging attempt with my new camera, which I just love, pictures are going to be so much better... Since I titled this post, Beautiful New Pyrex, I better let you have a look at it...


Moon Deco, 2 1/2 quart - what a beauty this is!!  And, what a surprise gift from my  boy, Darcy!  Last year he gave me a Friendship 403, but I don't know how he'll ever top this one.  It's in perfect condition, I don't see a scratch on it anywhere.  Moon Deco came from the crazy 70's.




What a surprise this was from my friend, Sharon - a 401 Delphite Bluebell bowl - it's the sweetest little bowl!  I've used it already - it's perfect.


A few months ago I broke this dish that Gary's mother had given to us, we used it often, I felt even worse after she passed away and the bowl was gone.  Sharon was nice enough to share with me - now I have the yellow hostess back in circulation.  Thanks, Sharon for both of these great pieces.


A few days before Christmas, I was at Value Village, I sure didn't need another Pyrex carafe, but this one is just so different - it has these cute kitchen items all over  it - you can see some, but there's also a grater, masher, egg bowl, plus other kitchen utensils.  It was marked kind of high for a carafe, $4.99, I had to buy it!


We wish you all the best for the holiday season and  the coming year - lets hope it's a year full of wonderful new thrifty and vintage finds!


Today I am linking with Share Your Cup Thursday - Jann featured one of my Christmas tins on her post this week - thanks so much. I'm also linking up with Junkin' Joe.


13 comments:

  1. That was a great gift the Moon Deco! Never seen this before.. it is stunning! And Sharon has a big heart to share that bowl back into your life!
    Happy New Year
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Moon Deco really is a fantastic gift! I also really like the carafe. I don't think I've ever seen it before so I would have probably got it for that price too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Jill! Looking forward to connecting with you more in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new treasurs Jill. I have never seen or heard of the moon deco Pyrex. Pretty funky. Love the pic of your family. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs and Happy New Year!
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful pieces! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Moon Deco is so cool. I'm glad you got some special gifts this year Jill. Isn't it great to enjoy relaxing times with family (and get some presents too)? Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *WOW* That moon deco is SOOOO FANTASTIC.
    Sounds like you had a rather great Christmas.

    Cute family photo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are friends the best thing? So sweet to give you the yellow bowl! I'm a new follower...I too love pyrex!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely Christmas gifts! Your Moon Deco pyrex is so groovy! A friend of mine just got the same piece and I'm very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jill! You are a very lucky girl!

    Love all the Pyrex you got as gifts, now I don't get a lot because according to my loved ones 'I have everything'.

    I've never seen that carafe before, it is a really cool find!

    I wish you and your family a wonderful New Year. Joy, Health and prosperity

    Hugs,

    Valerie X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I've never seen Moon Deco before. And my mom used to have those salt and pepper shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gifts - lucky you to have so many loving people around.
    Happy New Year to you and yours - looking forward to read about your adventures in 2013!
    :)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS gifts and thanks for sharing at Junkin Joe! A Very HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours and we are sending hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete