Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tree #1

This is one of my small trees, it's mostly all ornaments that belonged to my Mom and my Grandmother  - more trees to come...  Clicking on the picture will get you a closer view.  Check out the link up party at Thrifty Things Friday and Countdown to Kitschmas



I found the angel last year at a thrift


The feather type ornament must be quite old, not seen many like that around....


I always loved these honeycomb snowmen and there are bells too.


We never had the elves at home, these are ones that I thrifted.


The candycane is very plush!


Dad used to make the walnut people.



We always had the Putz houses on the tree, who knew that they were called that..


Another plush - the wreath


The teardrop ornnament belonged to my mother-in-law 




This is not on the tree - another ornament that belonged to my mother in law - this looks really old.....


10 comments:

  1. Did you say "Trees"? As in more than one? Bring it on! I love having multiple trees. I have three this year. My regular live tree, my aluminim tree, and my ceramic tree. I love how this tree is dedicated to ornaments that belonged to your family. What a nice way to remember them all during the holidays.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree and love all the adorable ornaments. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tree looks so great, I can't wait to see the others! You guys and your multiple trees, so ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tree! I love all the knee hugger elves~ they are my favourite.
    Looking forward to seeing what other trees you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you still have all the little ornaments that belonged to your mother and grandmother. Must bring back some lovely memories!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your walnut santa! Last year we found a walnut beaver ornament and this year a walnut snowman.

    All your vintage ornaments are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Awesome! I love the snowmen and kneehuggers! I can't wait to see your other trees! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful vintage ornaments, just fabu! Love your tree & this is just number 1??? :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have many of the same ornaments, but yours are 10 times more special! Mine came from thrift stores and EBay! Not quite the same as treasured pieces from Mom and Grandma!
    Love your tree!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the different ornaments. So fun and cheerful! thank you for sharing at TTF last week. Hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete