Thursday, December 20, 2012

Darcy's Elf Slippers

I posted this last year but I don't think many people actually had time to read it, so I'm sharing it again this year.  It's such a cute story.

In 1995, Santa had an elf with him on his journey and the elf left in such a hurry,  he jumped right out of his elf slippers and left them for Darcy.  Darcy was seven that year...


Those slippers were an exact fit for Darcy!


A year later and this is what the slippers looked like...


So, the next Christmas Darcy thought he better leave the slippers out for Santa so the elf could see how much he loved them, maybe, he would bring him another pair - he didn't but he left this letter.  Click on it and you should be able to read it.  


We've kept the slippers all this time, packed away in a plastic bag with the Christmas stuff - Darcy is 23 now - he's hoping for a new pair of slippers again this year!  Oh, and Darcy did get his slippers last year.....



6 comments:

  1. That is a super cute story!

    I hope Darcy gets new slippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our house as long as you BELIEVE Santa brings presents, when you stop believing you get socks and underware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute story, Jill!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great story! I am rather jealous, now I want5 some elf slippers too. I had to purchase my own one year. *lol* They had cute white pom poms in the end of each toe.

    ReplyDelete