Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Remembered

Sometimes it's funny the things that you remember...  


I remember how hard it was to find anything with my name on it - Mom must have had this printed for me somewhere, boy, I bet I was excited hanging that stocking on the tv, I can remember there was a button right there on the front of it that I used.  Isn't that a classic tv?


Well, here I am many years later and I still have the stocking - but it's not the one I use now.   I'm so thankful that Mom kept things like this..  I guess when you're the only child, things like that just are kept, forever!!   TV's sure have changed - no more buttons on the front.


Now my stocking is hanging on the record player.

I remember this gift, it was from my great aunt and uncle, my eyes are rolled to the ceiling because it was making music....  I used to open one gift on Christmas Eve, it might have been this one....



It was this jewellery box - I've carried it around all these years - I loved that jewellery box!!  The ballerina has lost one of her arms and look how worn the bottom of it is - it even still has two of my little bracelets in it.


This is one toy that I've thought about - Doozies - I've never heard of it or seen it again and sadly, this was something that wasn't kept.  The blocks were made of a styrofoam material, they stacked and you snapped on the parts - to make Huckleberry Hound or Yogi Bear - has anyone out there ever heard of Doozies before or seen them?


10 comments:

  1. I still have my stocking with my name on it, made by our neighbor. Loved seeing the pictures!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1960-Kenner-Doozies-/110979507293?pt=Vintage_Antique_Toys_US&hash=item19d6e4e45d

    is this the same thing?

    I still have my childhood stocking. memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were such an adorable child!

    I'm so glad your parents took pictures of your christmasses.

    My Dad was always snapping pics but he had slides made and we never saw them....

    I should get all dolled up and pose with the last stocking I had from my folks place.

    It is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were the cutest child! I was the only child for 5 years, but sadly, my parents werent the greatest at taking pictures of special holidays, birthdays etc. Lucky you to have so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little cutie you were! I still have my first Christmas stocking and when Alex was born, I went to the same place and had an the same one made for him with his name on it. Maddie has a few stockings. She likes to rotate them year by year.

    Merry Christmas!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the memories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post! Your Christmas past and present photos are adorable. Like you, I have never been able to find anything with my name on it! It wasn't until I went to Norway 2 years ago that I bought everything in sight that had my name on it. This is my daughters first Xmas so I just brought her stocking to get embroidered. I pick it up tomorrow~ cutting it close!
    Merry Christmas Jill!
    PS ~ Never heard of Doozies but they sound very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fun look at Christmas past and present! I love that old TV. I still have my stocking from when I was a kid too!!! Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful holiday, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. what cute pictures, and such a good idea to do then and now! that first one is just darling! i have a picture of me when i was little with a rapturous look on my face over a roll of lisa frank stickers. Haha, it isn't as charming since it was in the early 90's. I love that tv in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, I haven't heard of Doozies. Those pics are adorable. Great to have them. I'm not sure how much stuff to keep for my kids. It seems like everything is so mass produced it wouldn't much matter. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete