Monday, December 3, 2012

Love Those Blow Molds

We went away for the weekend - there were places to go and things to do, but I still managed to get some thrifting in - and did I have luck on the blow mold front.


This beauty was right inside the door at Value Village, I scooped her up and loaded her into a cart - I couldn't believe it - she's in pristine condition, looks like she has never experienced the elements!    She's 32 inches high - Made in Canada.  I needed one more for the front of the house, she's perfect!  


Another Value Village - another blow mold right inside the door.  The clerk plugged Mr. Snowman in, didn't work, I said that was fine - I knew we could get him going, I plugged in it at home, worked - the clerk had given me $1 off - it was only $3.99.  He was made by TPI Plastics in Canada.


This one came from an antique market - Gary was at  the next booth ahead of me, he poked his head around, holding a snowman- do you want this, he said.  I grabbed it from him!  He's about 13 inches high, another one in perfect shape!


Then he spotted this one - Santa started out as a bank, the coin slot is in his back., Regal Toy, Toronto is printed on the back of him.   Someone transformed him into a light up Santa - cute!!

It seems like I never find any blow molds around here, but go somewhere new - and I'm lucky!!  I found some other small Christmas items, but I'll save those for another day.

Speaking of luck -tomorrow evening I'll be drawing a lucky winner in my Vintage Christmas Draw - if you haven't entered, come on over and enter here.  

There's Christmas everywhere in blogland - check out these great blogs that I'm linking up with - Junkin JoeThe Nifty ThriftyThrifty LoveCountdown to Kitschmas Day 3 and Thriftasaurus



11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love them all! :)
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen blow molds for sale here. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and I may need to join a blow mold support group! I picked up three more this weekend. Why are they so hard to walk away from?

    Score on your angel! Never seen one of those before.

    Happy Holidays, Friend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Santa bank/light/whatevs he is now.

    Regal Toys made some fantastic, sometimes fantastically creepy, banks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bank conversion! Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in total blowmold heaven!

    Love them all! :)

    Some i've never seen here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blow mold finds, I love your little snowman, Im after one of my own, I like the small ones that I can display inside.

    I saw a house the other day that had a bunch of blowmolds, including that angel! it had some snowman and candles too I think? Anyway, Ive seen quite a few on peoples lawns here, theyre so great.

    Cant wait to see what else you got!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good blow mold. I haven't see the angel one before. Very cute. I just bought a Santa for my front porch, but he keeps blowing over in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all great. I have the snowman, very large lawn size, but he's very faded and I'm gonna try and paint him. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely wonderful. I have a house and a garage full of thrift / swap meet finds but no Christmas items -- they are so expensive.

    I'm really enjoying this blog hop, but haven't added my name because I don't have anything wonderful to share. Thanks for letting me tag along though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great! I just love the snowmen!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete