Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Charity Yard Sale

I went out to the yard sales this morning, which was a complete waste of time and gas - junk - and not good junk!!  But, yesterday there was a charity yard sale in Town and it turned out pretty good - nothing real exciting, but I filled up a box and donated $10 - so, not bad...



I'm not really sure about this Santa,  I don't think I'll be plugging him in  - I like the box though!

Everything was in boxes and bags so you really had to dig.  Mr. & Mrs. Claus were made in Japan.


Love to find a knee hugger, any time of the year!


Melmac - "Quality Dinnerware"


I very seldom ever buy any glassware like this, there was a box full, it looked nice so I picked up a couple of pieces, both are different patterns.  I don't know anything about glassware patterns....


You might see this one on a food post some day.


I bought this at Value Village the other day, it was $2.99, made in Japan. It's kind of like the pattern on the Pyrex Butterprint


My kids had this ball, I've been kicking myself about giving it away, now I've got one for those grandchildren I'll have some day..  A few weeks ago, I saw this ball in the showcase at VV, priced at $29, that's just how ridiculous their pricing has become. 


There were boxes and boxes of books, I chose these old ones, mainly for SMASHing purposes - but I think that is all of these I'll be buying, I have more than enough. I was intrigued by the old interior covers on the Nancy Drew books.


I've never seen this one before


Or this one..

This is the one I remember, then after that it became white.  I sure loved my Nancy Drew books!!


For the first time I'm linking with Masterpiece Monday ,  Junkin Joe , Thrifty Things Friday and Thrift Share Monday with Apron Thrift Girl




21 comments:

  1. We went yard saling today. Found no vintage goodies. Did find a brand new coach purse for $10 which I might resell as it is real and in new shape. Two charity sales tommorrow though - wish me luck. I really would like to find some more vintage Christmas like you always find. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit a couple of thrift shops and except for a couple of bathroom throw rugs for 50 cents each, nada! Well I did help find my Grandson some summer clothes...we did great on that front!

    I like the Christmas stuff you found!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice finds! I also loved Nancy Drew. I read them all when I was a pre-teen. Several years back, I started to re-collect the books. It was a fun search!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have my daughter's FP musical ball. But my grandkids live too far away so it's in the cupboard. I also have the FP desk and work bench along with smaller toys. The 2 year old will enjoy them this summer when they visit. I love the old books. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought that chime ball for daughter #1 in 1981...gone now too but I kept all the Fisher Price barn, doll house and airport and their Little People! FUN FINDS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! Love all the books...wow. Don't you just hate it when you are all set to go and can't find any good garage sales! Maybe next Saturday!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic finds! The big Santa is a bit creepy with his shifty eyes, but still super cool. Yay for finding a knee hugger at a good price! Lately I have only seen them for crazy prices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that box that the Santa came in. Isn't it funny how sometimes the packaging is actually better than what is inside?

    Yesterday, I caught Maddie watching You Tube videos about Smashing. It's only a matter of time before I have to put a craft area together for her!

    I was super excited to get my mail yesterday and find a package from you. You are so incredibly sweet to think of me. I don't have anything like it so now I am on the hunt for the rest.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back to say Diann and I thank you for linking to TTF this week!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely finds! I wish there was more sales like that in St. Johns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your finds! I love old books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Nancy Drew interior cover artworks. I hadn't seen the silhouette version before, either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the picture on the Japanese pitcher. So cute! I'm surprised you can look at Christmas stuff. I'm just so happy it's warm outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousMay 28, 2013

    Love the knee hugger- I've yet to find one but they so remind me of my childhood. Also LOVE the melmac! Those colors are yummy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH! VV prices are disgusting up here too! 15 dollars for jeans? WLMART jeans none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously cute finds!! I have a sugar dish, creamer, and butter dish that match your little pitcher. It reminds me of the butterprint too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pixies and have a small collection of them...FUN to find at any time, like you said! LOVE the old childrens books, too! Is that a Bobbsey Twins By the Seashore? Oh...be still my heart! My kids had one of those balls, too. I have 4 grown sons...wish I had a couple of their old Tonka trucks! GREAT FINDS my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute stuff! I love vintage Christmas, and NOMA - in its box - AWESOME!!!

    I also love that pitcher.

    ~Katie
    www.katiemullaly.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such fabulous finds! WOW!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us! We love it! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful finds!! Cute little elf on the shelf :) Happy Friday! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete