Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Potato Salad for Two

The nice weather is finally here, actually it has been hot here for the last week, so that means BBQ's and cold suppers.  Cold suppers at our house mean a BBQ chicken from the grocery store and a salad of some sort - yesterday it was potato salad and it was so good!  I haven't made it since last summer, I just don't make it in the winter, do you? it really is the perfect summer meal!!


I used to make potato salad so plain and it wasn't very exciting.  This is the greatest little recipe - and it is little, it's just for two, perfect if you're cooking for yourself or your children have flown the nest and it's just the two of you.   The recipe is from Company's Coming - Cooking for Two.


Potato Salad


1 1/2 c. diced cooked potatoes

Hard boiled egg, chopped - the recipe called for 1/2 an egg, I used the whole egg.  I cooked two eggs, reserving one for the garnish.

2 tsp. minced onion, I used red onion, for some colour

Put ingredients in bowl.


Dressing


1/4 c. salad dressing or mayonnaise ( I used Miracle Whip)

1 tbsp. coleslaw dressing

1/4 tsp. prepared mustard

1 tbsp. milk

1/4 tsp. celery salt

1/4 tsp. parsley flakes

Salt, sprinkle

Pepper, sprinkle

Mix these 8 ingredients in small bowl.  Reserve 2 tsp.  Pour remaining dressing over potato mixture in bowl.  Toss.

Garnish with egg wedges.  Drizzle with reserved dressing.  Sprinkle with paprika.  


Potato Salad for 2 in Butterprint

I'm loving taking pictures with my iPhone and Instagram - follow me - mackaypj


I'm joining in today at Fluster's Creative Muster Party and the blog hop at Adorned from Above

10 comments:

  1. Potato salad for two, just the right portions. Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! We are having a Mothers Day BBQ at my house this weekend, maybe I will add this to the menu. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe Jill. I must look for that cookbook. Love the bowl!! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but I need leftover potatoe salad cuz it tastes even better! The idea of coleslaw dressing is unique, it's just mayo with some vinegar and sugar in it usually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea if your husband can control his portions when it comes to potato salad. Thank you for sharing on Fluster's Creative Muster.

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delish! I'd pick the egg out & the boo would eat it, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That potato salad really looks good
    I coming over for a visit from pyrex collective

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good and the perfect size for two. I always end up making more than we'll eat. So, will give this a try. Thanks.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are into the barbecues and cold suppers too! This is no time for cooking. ;) I love diced pickles in potato salad. I should really get to making potato salad soon, but I'm lazy about peeling potatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recipe. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop. This weeks blog hop is live. We hope to see you there this week also.
    Debi and Charly
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete