Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thanks are in Order

Who doesn't love to get fun mail and it's even better when it's surprise mail - that's the best! I had a package from one of my blogging friends, Astrid from Fab and Thirty Something - we have traded back and forth a couple of times, she sent me this with no hint that it was coming. This is what I found when I opened up the box....


Vintage butter melters that were made in Japan!  Perfect for us!!  At first I didn't notice that they were a souvenir of Prince Edward Island, even more perfect!!!!  That is two vintage souvenirs from PEI that I've received in the past couple of weeks - oh, no, is this a new collection starting???  I'm anxious to try these, we have melters that require a tea light, they flicker and go out and the butter spits all over the place when it gets really hot, these ones use hot water - they'll be right on the table the next time we have some lobster, snow crab or PEI mussels...








Give us some of this wonderful seafood and we're happy!!


Thanks, Astrid - it was sweet of you to think of me!  I love them!!


9 comments:

  1. These butter melters are really fun looking Jill. I know, being a Maritimer, you will put them to good use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a new collection is coming on! Now you just need to find one of those amazing Wilendur lobster tablecloths:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift to get! They will come in handy for the next seafood feast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute and what a sweet gift! I love some lobster!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fantastic! Such a sweet and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Everytime I see a PEI souvenir I think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butter Melters! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun gifts...something you'll really enjoy! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are enjoying the butter melters! I immediately thought of you when I saw them.

    ReplyDelete