Monday, September 24, 2012

Desperate Measures

Where have all the Vera scarves and other signature scarves gone?  I used to find one just about every week, I haven't seen any for a month - so, withdrawal sets in when you don't find any and then, on top of that, discussing Vera with my good friend, Carol-that's what I mean, desperate measures had to be taken-purchases made on Ebay and Etsy.  It was the first time I had ever won a lot - it was a lot of four, the seller included two extras - that was so nice of her!!    I bought a couple of other individual ones too over the past few weeks- sure hope my luck turns around soon for thrifting scarves...


Coins


This is a sheer one - so pretty!







Ladybug on this one


And this one


I thought this might be interesting to resell - I found these two souvenirs of Jamaica - I guess they're runners?  I think I paid 50 cents.



Our little town has a new store and it's antiques and collectibles -the owner also sells on consignment, I took four articles over the other week, dropped in last week to see if there was any movement, nothing, but I bought this great old Androck sifter - I placed it with  the rest of the  display above my cupboards, it is way nicer than the plain old sifter I had up there before.   I just found the Androck nut crusher last week, both made in Canada.


I had been talking to the shop owner about The Doors - I asked if he had any Doors albums - he didn't, when I went in this week, he said he thought of me - he was out "pickin"  and got a bunch of records - he sold it to me for $5 - I'm pretty sure he could have gotten a whole lot more for it - it's their first album - released in January of 1967, it still has the plastic on it.  I've listened to it a few times already - some great tunes  - Break on Through, Soul Kitchen, Whisky Bar, Light My Fire, Back Door Man - it's great.  Love The Doors!


Today I'm linking up with Thrifty Love at Cap Creations , Thrifty Things Friday and Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality




8 comments:

  1. The scarves are beautiful! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Vera with the purple fruit! How many do you have now? It must be A LOT! You might need to do a post showing all that you have.
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bought three sets of Vera napkins this summer at the sales and they have all sold pretty well. I always keep an eye out for the Vera logo when looking through scarves at thrifts and estate sales. I am going to find you some!!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple and aqua scarf, so bright and playful. I always look at scarves now thanks to you, but have never found anything, at least as far as I know. Hope you feel better now that you have a few new acquisitions.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful finds in those beautidul scarves! Thank you for joining us for TTF last week. I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were finally able to find some scarves even if it was on ebay!! Can you believe I used to have that Doors album?? Wish now I had held onto it, but I didn't!! Love that sifter too! Hope you're doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great scarves!! I agree, I haven't seen too many Vera scarves out there either. I hadn't really thought about it until reading this.

    best chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous scarves. I will have to keep an eye out to see if they are more available in this area. Love the album too. You rock Jill!

    ReplyDelete