Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cute Illustrations from Old Books

Children's books from way back have such cute illustrations - I bought these books over the past few weeks and just had to share some of the sweet images.. And because there's just a bit of red - I'm linking up with Rednesday.  I'm linking up with Vintage Thingie Thursday as well - stop by both of these blogs for a visit...


This old book has seen better days, it's taped up  and ripped, but just too cute, I paid $1.50 for a bunch of children's books, this book is copyright 1941, it says it's "cloth-like"


What a roly poly Santa!



A large Golden Book 



What fun to play with Frosty!


I found this old copy at Value Village one day, I have the newer version,after reading both of them, I noticed that they changed two pictures in the newer version.  This older cover is so much nicer than the new one but then anything Eloise Wilkin is beautiful.



The Children's Prayers books is a Bonnie Book, copyright 1956, I've never seen one of those before.


Sweet pictures...

This one is in really bad shape - ripped, taped - it says it's "A Nice High Book - Easy to Hold", copyright 1948.  


13 comments:

  1. I think I have told you this before, but when I was little I had a ton of old Golden Books, and I mean the really vintage ones. I just assumed my mom got rid of them. Recently, my sister and I were cleaning out some boxes of things we found when we were getting ready to sell our dads house after he passed away. Guess what I found? An entire huge Rubbermaid container full of my old books including a ton of the Golden Books. My daugher was thrilled, especially since she collects them now. What fun memories.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I had the three little pigs book or it was a classroom book. Instant recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Forgot to say Happy Rednesday! I love to post there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so artfully drawn which can be hard to find in new childrens books. Think of all the little hands that held those while smiling and laughing. Such a neat and daydream provoking collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE them! I hope I can find some similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! There's nothing better than those old illustrations! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gives me an idea for my Countdown to Kitschmas postings - to snap up those vintage children's books for images.

    Popped in from Rednesday.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love vintage children's books. I found a few at thrift shop today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really good batch of books! And who cares if they are a bit beat up?? The images are just beautiful. I've really focused on my vintage x-mas books over the last few years so that I'll have a nice collection to display eventually. I think they'll be fun to bring out each year!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. The more they are taped just shows how much they were loved. Thats the ones I like to collect. The illustrations are delightful.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great assortment of the children's books you have. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great images!! Thanks for sharing!! I am a new follower!!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vintage books are the best! Especially kids ones. Great selection you purchased!

    ReplyDelete