Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Grandmother's Wedding Gift

I Love Vintage is a fun  blog written by Melissa - she has started a new link up party called Friends and Family Friday - I'm sure she would love to have a few more participants, I think it's a great idea, check it out..  So,here's my contribution.....

This water jug and glasses set belonged to my grandmother - it was a wedding gift for her - that would make it at least seventy seven years old.  My mother gave it to me when we were cleaning out her house,sadly, I don't know anything else about it.   It's a beautiful set, the glass is very thin on the tumblers. I wonder if it was ever even used....I'm sure if it was, it was only "for good"


Click on the pic for a closer look.


4 comments:

  1. What a pretty set, and with a great history. I am trying to use some of my inherited dishes instead of saving them for "good." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how feminine these are. I would feel so fancy using them! Thanks so much for the shout out! I was tickled pink to see that in my feed this morning! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The set is beautiful! Now that my Grandma is gone, I treasure each little thing that she passed on to me. As soon as I'm recovered from this surgery I'd love to participate in Melissa's Link-Up!
    Thanks for sharing Jill!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful set, so glad you have them. I will go check out the party!

    ReplyDelete