Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just a Few Things...

This post should about put me up to date on thrifting finds - but, I must say there hasn't been much - not much that I want anyway....  But, I did find a few things over the past week...


This is just in the best condition - numerous games on this side, crokinole on the reverse side, it's hanging in our game room now - I blogged about our game room here in July.


The gameboard was inside this box - I paid $2 for it 


Gary got this free at a yard sale last weekend,  the box is not in good shape, but he just wanted the gameboard anyway.


I bought the two smaller carafes in the front one day at Value Village, one has just lemons, the other lemons and oranges, the oranges don't show up so well in the picture,  I paid $1.99 each.


Another day and I found this 403 Butterfly Gold


My very good friend, Carol sent me these two Vera scarves.   Carol has been my penpal since grade 7  - we finally got to meet a few years ago - and it was the most wonderful thing!!  Friends - for life!!!


Carol is hooked on Vera scarves too, she was so generous to share these with me - they sure did brighten my day.  Thank you!!

I'm linking up with Thrifty Love , Thrifty Things Friday and The Creative Bloggers Party at Homemaker on a Dime




13 comments:

  1. Love your thrifty finds! Those are some pretty Vera scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds, but I do agree that it has been slim picking these days at estate sales. I finally found a good estate sale on Friday, but the prices were just way too high! Thank you for the nice comment on my post about the evenflo bottle. I will have to keep my eye out for pyrex bottles. I did get a small tangerine (or orange I should say) pyrex refrigerator dish from my mother in law in the mail. I collect the small refrigerator dishes and have never seen an orange one. It made my day! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good finds for a slow week! I was in the thrift shop today and paid extra attention to the scarves thanks to your posts. I didn't see anything like yours, but I'm excited that I know what to look for. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great deal on that gameboard!
    I have two of those pyrex juice jugs and I really love them.

    The scarves are very pretty what a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors on that game board are just stunning! Love those carafes too. I don't know why, but everything yellow is really making me smile these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Vera scarves are lovely. What a wonderful friend you have. Thank you so much for the beautiful scarf you sent me! The colors are stunning, so vibrant just perfect for fall. I can't wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cute that you and Carol were pen pals in 7th grade! How rare that you are still friends today! Good finds :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you've got lots of goodies! Yard sales and thrift stores are always the best place for games cause you can't beat the prices. I really like the carafes! Thank you for sharing at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I see you found some pyrex too! Love the colors on your board game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More great stuff. Love the little carafes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girl you did good! I had an old game like that first one years ago and sold it at a yard sale. Regretted it ever since. I have hung old gameboards on one wall in our bonus room. That's where the grandies hang out.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun finds! I love those old pitchers. I have a couple I use as well. And the scarves are great finds. Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to see how your display your gameboards! I am a sucker for vintage board games, but I'd like to see a really good way of showing them off. Stacked up in boxes is NOT fun!!

    ReplyDelete