Friday, March 23, 2012

Vintage Things

I sure can't wait for yard sale season to happen, the pickins' at the thrift shops have been not very exciting of late. Here's what I managed to scrounge up this week, nothing for myself - all for resale..

How cute are these mugs covered in lampshades, for sale here.  They were made in  Japan

Another item made in Japan, a cute little oil lamp with  a Dutch  boy and girl kissing by the windmill, it's for sale too

A nice children's cross stitch runner - offered for sale

My daughter loved Popples - but she didn't want this to take her back to childhood fun - only two pages are colored in it. Popples are such fun! 

I thought this was a neat book - apparently Misty was  a  British comic published between 1978 and 1984, this book is one of their Christmas annuals - it has short stories, comics, a crossword, a game - it's neat - I've never seen or heard of one before

I bought the bottom part of this Daisy a few weeks ago, I found the lid on Ebay so I ordered it, it's a little  faded but I didn't hold out much hope of ever finding that cute Daisy lid.

It was my birthday a couple of days ago, was I happy to open this package from Sharon and see this Waffle jug, I love it!!
I'm linking up to Thrifty Love at Cap Creations, there's bound to be some neat things posted!  I like to link up with Flea Market Finds and Thrift Share Monday

12 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Such fun finds, and you are so much stronger than I am. I would probably have to keep it all, instead of doing the smart thing and selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Popples were the thing when I was little! Very cute. But good job for keeping it all in the "sell" pile! I know it's hard.

    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those cups are devine! I love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cups!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree not much at the thrifts around here either. The cups are pretty great! Thanks for linking up at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those lampshade mugs!

    and, what a great birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lampshade mugs and especially the comic annual are my faves today.


    (I always looked for my Tammy annual when visiting back home in the UK)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Popples too! Good find on the colouring book. I actually found a Daisy lid a couple weeks back, was so surprised! Good condition too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popples! I always wanted one of those!

    I love the little Dutch boy & girl lamp. I'm kind of obsessed with that motif, wonder why it was so popular in the 1950s?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those mugs are just delightful! lovely find

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jill,
    I love these kind of pedestal cups. They are hard to resist when ya find them at thrift shops. And I also really like your dutch girl and boy oil lamp. I collect oil lamps and Dutch-themed stuff so it's a double-win :) Visiting from VTT~

    ReplyDelete