Monday, December 9, 2013

The Wreath is Made!

I've been stocking up on any cheap shiny brites that I see for at least a year now, in the hopes of making a wreath, they were pulled out of the tote yesterday and wreath production started.  Gary and I did it together, I recommend having an assistant as it's not an easy thing to do - positioning, glueing and holding.  It took us a couple of hours.


I used a green foam wreath form from Michaels, I've seen them done many ways, but my method was to wrap it in ribbon and then start the positioning. Also, you should put your ribbon or hook on before you get started - we used a hook.   We did the inside first and then the very outer layer.  I removed all of the little hangers at the top before I started.   I read on many other blogs, have a lot of glue on hand, you will use plenty.  It gets easier after you have those top rows down, then you can just glue as many on as you want.  I also used some extra things that I think, made it look just a little more special.  




I don't know what I would have done if he had dropped this work of art!!!


And, here it is, finished and hanging on the wall - I'm so pleased with it!!!  


Today I'm linking with Nifty Thrifty Tuesday and We Call it Olde- every ornament on the wreath was thrifted!

18 comments:

  1. So bright and shiney :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have been thinking of making one of these but haven't yet...maybe I should just do it!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jill! Hope to try making one of those next year. Hubby looks like a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is GORGEOUS! I know you are proud of it and will treasure it for years to come! What a fun project, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job on that wreath!! Your year long job of collecting sure paid off! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just perfect Jill! I love the little Santa's! Aren't wreaths fun to make? But you are right about them being kind of hard and needing a partner.
    I will be emailing you....
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome job! it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job, Jill (and Gary, too!). When we made ours last year, Hanna & I had to help each other out too. It was so fun! I have been collecting red, silver, & blue bulbs at the thrift this year to make a 4th of July wreath. They can be a lot of work but addicting. Especially when you see the end result.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wreath is gorgeous! They are so much fun to make. How do you store the wreath? They are so fragile.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jill, it's fabulous!!! I'm planning to make one, too, I've got a bag of thrifted glass ornaments and the form, now I just need the time, lol. Love yours, thanks so much for sharing this at We Call It Olde - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you integrated the elf heads and the Santa in with the balls. Beautiful work of art! I'm visiting from We Call It Junkin'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jill, my 88 year old mom won't give anything away! I was lucky she did not strangle me when I dropped and broke the gold ball ;(. Your wreath is outstanding! And your assistant is an angel for helping and posing. Thanks for visiting my blog. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. It turned out great--and you were worried! So cute!

    ReplyDelete