Monday, December 16, 2013

Sweet and Easy Sugar Cookies

I'm never one to start my Christmas baking way in advance, I started yesterday with "Sweet and Easy Sugar Cookies, " I've been making these for a few years, if you're looking for a nice sugar cookie that you don't have to roll and cut out and also makes a large batch, you best try this one.  


This recipe came from the cookbook - Great Canadian Cookies, published in 2000, the recipes were gathered through the Great Canadian Cookie Contest, I  did a post here last month on peanut butter cookies which were also from this book.


Sweet and Easy Sugar Cookies

2 cups margarine

2 cups white sugar

2 eggs

4 cups all purpose flour

4 tsp. cream of tartar

2 tsp. baking soda

2 cups chocolate chips ( I always use the miniature chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar and baking soda.  Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture in thirds.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet ( I always use parchment paper for cookies)

Bake for 12-15 minutes, it is more like 12 in my oven or until edges are slightly browned.  Makes about 5 dozen small cookies.  



I also made Cranberry Orange loaf yesterday - that post has been my most popular one for months - it's a great recipe for Christmas or anytime - you can check it out right here if you'd like!


Happy Baking - today I plan on making peanut butter balls and a gumdrop cake, which will be a first for me!  


I'm linking up today with Junkin Joe


6 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start - and I haven't even begun to bake. The butter is sitting on the counter though, and I'll be baking later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look very good....well, all your baking does! Thanks once again for a great recipe, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy. I think I have to check out your cranberry orange recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm gumdrop cake is a NL Christmas staple!! My mother in law usually makes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One word...YUM!!!!! Holiday Hugs and Wishes!

    ReplyDelete