Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Catching up on Thrifty Business

I was ready to do a blog post the day that I got the call that Mom was not doing well, but now it's time to get caught up with things that I bought before August 12th - I know that Mom's struggles are over, but it's still hard......On to other things - like thrifted goodies...  But, I realize this post could be too long, because I have a bunch of nice scarves to share and some cute books - so, I guess I have topics for a couple of more posts before I get back out on the hunt...


Spring Blossom 474B


Autumn Harvest 401



I was excited to find these bowls at the Salvation Army, I think they were $2.50 for the three - three more pieces of Pyrex Made in Canada!



I bought one of these for myself and one for Carla -  the plate only measures 5 inches across - it's sweet - the back is stamped -Prince William, Made in England.



I had seen this plate one other day and didn't buy it, why I don't know - but I was smarter the second time round - I had to have this plate from my home province!


My grandmother had this exact same bank, I had seen it on another blog a while back, of course, that made me remember something that I had long forgotten, I grabbed it up when I saw it at Value Village - it's stamped - Lego, Japan.  I love it!

Today I'm linking up with Thrifty LoveThrift Share and for the first time Frugal Treasures Tuesday



10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the loss of your Mother. Make sure you take time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your treasures. It's good to have fun things to share. I know the loss of your Mother is hard! Thinking of you! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Friend!! I've missed you!
    I'm just about to do a post too...time to show some things off. You found some great things! I love the Santa plate! I'll be emailing you :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaagh! I am in love with the turquoise rimmed Pyrex bowls! I never find these in good condition. Also am loving the red kettle bank. Doesn't it just make you smile to find something from your childhood that you hadn't thought about in a while?

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great finds! We never see the turquoise plates here in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great finds!! Love those pretty Pyrex bowls! Have a great night and Thanks for sharing!!

    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jill,
    Thank you so much for sharing your finds over at Frugal Treasures party. I have the first Pyrex bowl in reverse colors, olive green with white flowers. I found a set of 3 at a thrift store for $3.99 a few years ago.
    The little red kettle is beyond cute!
    Barbe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet finds! I hope they bring you some sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice finds Jill! That little kettle bank is precious! Hope you're doing ok!

    ReplyDelete