Saturday, January 9, 2016

Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta

I love it when I find a new recipe that's easy to make and tastes delicious.  I found this "Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta" today when I was browsing - the original recipewas found on NatashasKitchen.com I thank her for posting this tasty recipe!!




Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta


Fettucine or Penne Pasta

Shrimp - I used 10 large shrimp for the two of us

1 tbsp. oil

1 small onion, finely chopped

2 tbsp. butter

1 garlic clove

1/3 cup white wine

2 cups heavy whipping cream

1/3 cup parmesan cheese

Salt & Pepper, to taste

Sprinkle of Paprika

Parsley or basil for garnish


Lightly season shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika.  Preheat large skillet to med/high and add 1 tbsp. oil.  Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes per side, do not overcook.  Remove shrimp to a bowl.


I started cooking the fettucine after the first step.  Drain when cooked, do not rinse.


In your same frying pan, over medium/high heat, add 2 tbsp. butter, cook onion, stir in garlic and cook together.  Stir in 1/3 cup white wine and reduce to 25%, scraping the bottom to deglaze the pan.


Stir in cream and simmer for 2 minutes.  Sprinkle the top with 1/3 cup parmesan and stir until creamy and smooth.  Add 1/4 tsp. paprika and season with salt and pepper.


Turn off heat and add cooked shrimp and pasta to the frying pan.  Garnish with parsley or basil.


This is a definite winner, I've pinned it for future use!










7 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful! My daughter made something similar over the holidays using chicken. I would love to try the shrimp. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so delicious, Jeannie, you must give it a try!!

      Delete
  2. I am so hungry that my tummy is rummbling and that sounds so delicious. When you say shrimp do you actually mean prawn as I kind of thought that shrimp are tiny little things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used large size shrimp that come in a bag, not prawns. It is a delicious dish!

      Delete
    2. After I get back, I will. I did sign up for Postcrossings and sent my first postcard off today!

      Delete
  3. What a great recipe. I found it here just in time, as this weekend I make a dinner for my friends fromhttp://essaymojo.com/ . Now I think I can treat them with this meal. I think it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at shrimp!!

    Sounds good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete