Monday, October 6, 2014

Pumpkin Bread

I made a pumpkin pie the other day and had half a can of pumpkin left so I started scrolling through allrecipes.com for some way to use it.  This was not one of the recipes that popped up at the beginning, it was buried further down, I'm glad I kept going, it's a great recipe.  If you want to check out the original recipe here it is.   


Pumpkin Bread

2 c. flour

2 tsp. b. powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp. b. soda

1/4 tsp. ground cloves

1 c. brown sugar

1/3 c. butter flavored shortening ( I used margarine)

2 eggs

1 c. pumpkin puree

1/4 c. milk

1/2 c. raisins (optional) (I did add the raisins)

1/4 c. chopped walnuts (I used pecans)


In a mixing bowl combine flour, b. powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, b. soda and cloves.  


In a separate bowl, cream together shortening(margarine) and brown sugar.  Mix in eggs, pumpkin and milk.  Stir flour mixture into wet mixture until just combined.  Fold in raisins and nuts, if desired.  Pour into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.  I used my yellow Pyrex desert dawn loaf pan.  


Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  


Enjoy!!  It's delicious!!







9 comments:

  1. I made, well actually Tatum made a pumpkin chocolate chip cake yesterday, and it was so delicious! Glad yours turned out good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great to find a way to use a small amount of leftovers.

    Looks great!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin bread and to make it. My recipe is similar to yours. I tell myself its healthy... well, it has pumpkin! Thanks for a new recipe to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jill! Your pumpkin bread looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds delicious! I've always loved a good dense pumpkin bread that is like a cake, especially good with walnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazingly delicious. I made a raw vegan pumpkin pie from scratch, it took forever to cut up that beast. May try the can next. I still have leftover pumpkin and am curious to try a bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazingly delicious. I made a raw vegan pumpkin pie from scratch, it took forever to cut up that beast. May try the can next. I still have leftover pumpkin and am curious to try a bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm not a huge fan of all things pumpkin-y, but I do love a good loaf! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jill!
    I just hopped on over here to grab this recipe from you. Going to go make it right now!!
    Hope all is well with you.
    I'll be having pumpkin bread for dinner! Erica

    ReplyDelete