Friday, July 29, 2011

My Old Toys

My parents saved a lot of things - a lot of neat things - including some of my old toys, but I'm no different, I've saved quite a few toys that my children had too - you just have to do that!!!!


I don't remember the tin top or the duck which was for the bath but I do remember the electric iron, I imagine I liked ironing way more back than than I do now!


I always wanted a doll house - why did Santa bring me this barn???  I liked it well enough, with the plastic animals but I wanted that dollhouse!!!



If anybody was over at night, I had to get out my Disney movie projector - it's still all intact - you don't see these anymore....


My cash register came with cardboard coins - I got tired of that and starting using real coins  and then it would jam up!


Remember the little cards that came in Red Rose Tea?  You'd send away to get the book - I have a whole stack of them - animals, birds, etc...


I think this was my most favorite game that I had - it's the neatest game, it even has little tin cars - I've never seen another one of these.  I loved the Nancy Drew books - I remember saving up and sending away to the Sears catalogue for the first three books in the series - hardcovers back then.  I saved them and my daughter got the same enjoyment out of them as I did.   I can remember having Hands Down and Tip It - but this Nancy Drew game is special.

Of course, I also had Barbies - I saved up for my first Barbie too and sent away to the catalogue for that too.  I had no shortage of Barbie clothing - Mom used to sew and knit them for me - Barbie was pretty fashionable!!   Those were passed down to my daughter too - I might have had a couple - she had about twenty!!! 

Do you have a favorite old toy???

4 comments:

  1. It is lovely to have your old toys and in great condition too!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I don't have any of my old toys but I loved seeing yours! sorry you didn't get your doll house. :( Do you have one now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, Holly, I never did get a dollhouse - I still think they're pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I have never seen that Nancy Drew game. I would love to have that. If I ever see one, you can bet I will snatch that up. Glad to know there are others out there that loved Nancy Drew. Thanks for following my blog. I have been following yours for a few weeks now and really enjoy it.
    Karen G

    ReplyDelete