Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines

I don't do a lot of decorating for Valentine's Day - I just don't  have very much to put out, but I think I did it up a bit more this year - everything isn't truly Valentine's but it still looks cute enough...  I'm linking up with Rednesday at Sue Loves Cherries.


Stacey held a Valentine draw on her blog  and I was the lucky one  - she sent these five great old vintage Valentines - I would have liked to have made a banner but I didn't get around to it so I pinned them on this house.  I follow her blog on a regular basis and you can too - right here.  Thank you , Stacey!



I wrote about this vintage honeycomb ornament last year,  but it has to be  front and center again this year, an elderly lady gave it to me a few years ago - it is just the prettiest thing and very old, it was Made in Germany.


I bought this cute little hanging at Michael's this year - it was on Valentine clearance.


Everybody has been showing off their Valentines for weeks, I had none so I placed a bid on Ebay and won a lot of about twenty vintage Valentines - this is just one of them.  I used quite a few for making cards, which if I have to say so myself, turned out pretty nice.


Part of this shelf was shown already when I blogged about  the button wreath -  I made it using all vintage buttons.  My Mom made the heart a few years ago, the hankie is from her collection, the little girl with hair was mine.  Red Pyrex is good for Valentines, fridgies come in handy for any occasion!  The vase behind the wreath is further along in the post..


I've had this piece of transfer ware for ever - this is the first time it's ever been out on display - I don't even know if I bought it or someone gave it to me.   


I forgot to add these in my glassware post the other day - I also found these at Value Village last week.  I don't usually buy anything like this, I was taken to them because Mom had them in green and these just look so perfect for Valentines - there's no marking on them, similar ones online appear to be by Anchor Hocking, so maybe these are too.  Mom had her green ones forever....



If you listen to this, I can guarantee this song will stay in your head all day - click  here to listen to Honeycomb -  a hit song from 1965, sung by Jimmie Rodgers.   There's two videos, they're both great, he plays the guitar in this one - I couldn't decide which one to include so I'm putting them both on - pick your favourite!    I was reminded of it again this week when I read about it on another gal's blog  and for the life of me, I can't remember who that is - it was stuck in her head too - Honeycomb, won't you be my baby, honeycomb won't you be my own......

Happy Valentine's Day!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill! I'm glad you are enjoying the Valentines! I love the button wreath, and I love that you used a red fridgie for candy. Really cute. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day Jill! Your displays are lovely. I am especially smitten with your button wreath. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have a few seasonal things here and there - love your displays!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's! Your cards are sweet and I loved the gift from the elderly lady. "It's absolutely GORGEOUS!" Oh and so is that transfer ware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage Valentine cards Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I hope you had a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, you have a great Valentines collection! I think that anything red or pink can be incorporated into your decor to make it perfect for the holiday. Kind of like how Hanna used her pink Pyrex in her displays.

    I am still in love with that button wreath and cannot wait until Maddie & I can make one.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting the vintage valentines. So sweet. Love the red glassware too. And have a great trip to Florida! Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Valentine things are darling Jill! My gosh that honeycomb card is so wonderful - I love anything with honeycomb. Adore your button wreath, so cute. You've got me all inspired.

    Hope you had a lovely Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete