Sunday, February 3, 2013

Seafoam Chews

There have been no thrifty finds for me lately, so I've been branching out and doing some different types of posts - baking and crafting - they seem to be going over pretty well - I've had some new followers in the past few days - thank you very much for being interested enough to follow me, I appreciate it and love to read your comments!   This week my recipe for Raspberry Swirl Coconut Cookies was featured on Feature Friday from the Scrumptious Sunday Recipe Link Party at Addicted to Recipes - it really made my day!!  There are always a ton of great recipes over there - it's a really fun blog and it's Canadian!   I'm linking up with Addicted to Recipes again this week and also a link up at The Busy Bees - this is only the second week for this one, it looks like lots of nice posts already! 

Seafoam Chews in Pyrex Lime Green



We always like to have something sweet in the house and we had nothing so it was time to bake - this week I chose "Seafoam Chews" - I've been making these for years - they come from the Company's Coming - 150 Delicious Squares Cookbook - you can view the recipe right here.  I make them as directed - the only thing is  I don't make a fourth layer with peanuts - I just never have added them.  We love these squares, especially Darcy, too bad he wasn't around to have a few...


The top is a crumbly mess when you cut them but who cares when they taste so good.   This slice looks particularly nice sitting on a Pyrex Delphite plate.








6 comments:

  1. Those look great Jill! I may just have to whip up a batch seeing as I bought the same Pyrex dish a couple of weeks ago:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Jill. There has not been a whole lot of thrifting going on around here either so maybe I should start blogging about my baking & crafting adventures. I guess that means that I will have to bake and/or craft something, huh?

    Happy Sunday!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im with you on liking to have a sweet treat in the house, especially if its homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, I have had that cookbook for over 25 years and have never noticed that particular recipe! It sounds so easy--I will have to make that once your raspberry swirl cookies are gone. Ed loves your posts because then he gets new desserts to try! Thank you, once again, for a great food recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill these look super yummy. Love the green Pyrex!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete