Friday, September 6, 2013

Heading East...

Tomorrow morning we are heading East down Highway 17 - back "home" to Prince Edward Island.  This will be the first time in six years that we haven't spent our vacations tending to ailing parents, we miss them but we can't have the  old days back now, the great memories of all those summers spent back there are so vivid, but there are new memories to be made now!!    We can call it home, the homestead or the cottage - all we know is we're pretty darn lucky to look out on this beautiful scene every day we're there!!!

View from the driveway - Murray Harbour, Prince Edward Island


Darcy is coming too - his big "25" is coming up next week and he's going to be back in one of his favourite spots, PEI,  - he's leaving from Toronto, we'll meet up with him tomorrow night at our hotel in Quebec - just like old times, except Carla isn't with us!!   Next time....


I'll be posting our trip along the way on Instagram - follow me - my user name is mackaypj


Oh, I can smell that salt air now........







14 comments:

  1. That is one place I have always wanted to visit, it looks so enchanting.
    Thanks for the kind words about my cousin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an amazing time Jill! I'm glad to hear that you'll get some time with Darcy too!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my dream to visit PEI some day! Post lots of photos to let me dream in color! heehee! Safe travels! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for you Jill! Have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful and safe trip Jill. I wish I was going there too. Honk your horn when you drive by the exits between Kings Landing and Fredericton. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great and safe trip!

    This will be a rejuvinating voyage to the shore. AAAAHHHH! That salt air is beckoning!

    Be well,

    Miss V :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fab trip and some seafood too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish!
    Have a lovely time on the next best Island to Cape Breton :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a wonderful visit 'down home!' [My 'down home' is NB]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time! I'll be keeping up with you on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hope you have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been enjoying your trip via IG!! Looks you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Checking in to see what's new. always a joy to look again at your pictures

    ReplyDelete