Monday, October 13, 2014

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

Last week I stopped in at a Mennonite farm to check out their produce - they had a lot of squash as you can see by this picture - for the first time, I made a squash soup that I first saw on Instagram,  if you are looking for a great squash soup recipe, check out Rosinda's recipe on her blog, With Love From the Kitchen  - it's delicious!!!


I bought a huge zucchini when I was there - I made Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins - what a perfect fall muffin - delicious!  The original recipe is from All Recipes,  I have very seldom tried one of the top rated recipes on that site that hasn't been good.  This one doesn't disappoint!!


Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins


1 1/2 c. flour

3/4 white sugar

1 tsp. b. soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

1 egg, slightly beaten

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1/4 c. milk

1 tbsp. lemon juice

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 c. shredded zucchini - I squeezed the liquid from the shredded zucchini.  

1/2 c. miniature chocolate chips

1/2 c. walnuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 12 muffin cups or one with paper muffin liner cups.  I always use the Reynolds type, the muffin or cupcake slides out perfectly.


Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.  Mix egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a bowl; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.  Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.  Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.


Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick  comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.  


I made no changes to this recipe!!



3 comments:

  1. Look at all the shapes and sizes of squash! How beautiful! Enjoy your muffins and your day my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to look back on this recipe tonight for those yummy muffins! They look so good! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete