Saturday, July 26, 2014

Thrifting

I bought a few things in the past week - here they are - good buys, every one of them.


It's funny how it goes with the Vera scarves  - it's either feast or famine - it has been feast with me in the past week.



This morning I found a scarf at a yard sale - which is a rare thing to happen, only once before has that even happened.  It was the black and gold diamond one on the left, it was priced at $4, I said would you consider a cheaper price, she said no, I said I can buy those scarves for $1 at Salvation Army, not those scarves, she replied.  I said, yes, those scarves, I collect them and that's what I pay - so I gave her $2 - imagine a scarf for $4 at a yard sale - she wasn't very friendly after I questioned her!!!  On Thursday, I found three at Salvation Army, I feel so happy when they turn up like that and especially when they're $1.  I made my first purchase ever on Instagram, that's the check mark one, it's a beauty!!


I came home with more Christmas, they are having Christmas in July at the Salvation Army, it's a whole room set up with Christmas, I was there the week before and got nothing, this week I bought these cuties, 25 cents each!!!


The winking Santa is a Lefton, made in Japan, with the Giftcraft tag still attached.  The other Santa has a Norcrest sticker attached, crafted in Japan.




I had to buy this - that's all I can say - $2.99 at Value Village, really, who in their right mind could pass up a Butterprint 444 bowl, especially when they don't have one and especially when it's in perfect shape!  I was shocked to see it sitting there!!



Just because my kids had these puzzles, I had to buy these for those future grandchildren, they really look like they were never used.



So, that's it - my thrifting for the week!


Linking up with Dawn's History and Home party at We Call it Junkin and Thriftasaurus

17 comments:

  1. How great to find the scarves! It must feel exciting to see new designs that you don't have. Love those cute puzzles! It's Saturday. Can we play with them? Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my thrifts did Christmas in July - they seem to leave absolutely everything until November tucked away in the back. Great finds! Some people who have garage sales really don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at how you find the Vera scarves everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky with the Veras! One of my thrifts has "Christmas in July" which consists of one little shelf-- about five items. Whoopee. Those puzzles are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some good stuff!

    Your scarf stash is great.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like some good stuff!

    Your scarf stash is great.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finds. I'm still on the lookout for Vera scarves. I thought I might have found one as I dug thru a box of beautiful scarves at an estate sale, but it wasn't. I did find an old Vera booklet that shows different ways to wear the scarves. So I did buy that.

    Your pyrex bowl is a beauty and I love the Peanuts puzzle. I collect Snoopy's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet finds! An antique store in my town has a few Vera scarves for $5 each. Pretty fair for that type of store, Think your SA sells them amazingly cheap as no thrifts here sell them for a dollar. Cute Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to stick up for your Vera! $4 at a garage sale is ridiculous. If she wanted to make more money, she should have put them on eBay or Etsy.

    My thrifts don't put out Christmas until Christmas! I guess that may be a blessing in disguise because I have no business buying any more vintage Christmas until I get rid of some of what I have.

    Have a wonderful day, Jill!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great find on the pyrex. Thats one of my favorites! I need to check out our local salvation store. I havent been there in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the scarves are lovely but the pyrex blue bowl what a beauty awesome find

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your finds. Cute Santas and Pyrex too. Good deals too!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are great scarfs at a good price. You did good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You found some great things. How fun is it that you found more scarves for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how your collection of Vera has grown! Each one is a delight! I've been busy as a caretaker for my mom and husband so haven't done any thrifting for awhile. You really hit the jackpot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. $4 at a YARD SALE? Seriously, what is wrong with people?! I like your Christmas items! I had that sesame street, but it didn't make the cut last week! Its purged! :) I've got 6 bags full and I'm itching to add more. ;)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete