I've been stocking up on any cheap shiny brites that I see for at least a year now, in the hopes of making a wreath, they were pulled out of the tote yesterday and wreath production started. Gary and I did it together, I recommend having an assistant as it's not an easy thing to do - positioning, glueing and holding. It took us a couple of hours.
I used a green foam wreath form from Michaels, I've seen them done many ways, but my method was to wrap it in ribbon and then start the positioning. Also, you should put your ribbon or hook on before you get started - we used a hook. We did the inside first and then the very outer layer. I removed all of the little hangers at the top before I started. I read on many other blogs, have a lot of glue on hand, you will use plenty. It gets easier after you have those top rows down, then you can just glue as many on as you want. I also used some extra things that I think, made it look just a little more special.
I don't know what I would have done if he had dropped this work of art!!!
And, here it is, finished and hanging on the wall - I'm so pleased with it!!!