Thursday, December 17, 2015

Recipes Only for Christmas

I've been doing some baking this week but since we are going away for Christmas, I don't have to do as much and what I do make, has to travel well!


Last year I discovered "Cuban Lunch" on Instagram - we loved these and quickly became one of our favourites.  People have said this was a chocolate bar, I had never heard of it - it really was, it was mostly a Western Canadian bar, made in Winnipeg by Paulin's or so I've read.    This recipe was the first one I googled, so I chose that, there are other variations, I won't be changing, we like this one!


Cuban Lunch


2 c. peanut butter chips

2 c. butterscotch chips

2 c. chocolate chips

1 1/2 c. crushed ripple potato chips

1 1/2 c. peanuts (salted or unsalted)

Melt together the peanut butter, butterscotch & chocolate chips in top of double boiler (I used the microwave)

Add crushed potato chips and peanuts.

Mix together with melted chips.

Spoon into mini cupcake  paper cups.

Keep in refrigerator.


This next recipe is one of my daugther's favourites - they're easy and they're good - they're Peppermint Meltaways!




Peppermint Meltaways


1 c. butter, softened

1/2 c. icing sugar

1/2 tsp. peppermint extract

1 1/4 c. flour

1/2 c. cornstarch


In small bowl, cream butter & icing sugar until light and fluffly.  Beat in extract.  Combine flour & cornstarch, gradually add to creamed mixture, mix well.


Shape into 1 inch balls.  Place 2 inches part on ungreased pan ( I use parchment).  Bake 350 - 10-12 minutes.



Frosting - 


2 tbsp. butter, softened

1 1/2 c. icing sugar

2 tbsp. milk

1/4 tsp. peppermint extract

2-3 drops of food colouring.  I use very little as I want them to be a very light pink.


In small bowl, beat butter until fluffy.  Add icing sugar, milk, extract and food colouring.  Beat until smooth.


Delicious - both of them!!!



4 comments:

  1. Both look very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh....i am so looking forward to christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sound yummy good!!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete