Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas in my Living Room - It's a Blog Hop!!

I signed on with Laura who pens the fun blog Hey Mom What's for Dinner to take part in her Christmas blog hop, formally called Thrifter Merry Christmas Blog Hop- what was I getting myself into it, I had never done one before and at Christmas, no less, didn't I have enough to do.  Well, I did it!!  I'm focusing on Christmas in my livingroom - I could share my kitchen and my family room too or outside, but lets face it, you probably don't want to look at all that stuff and I don't have time to photograph it all!!!  Just a click on the picture will get you a closer view!



That's the two angles of my livingroom.  I won't be sharing anything about my fireplace as I've already blogged about that and everything that's on top of it, in case you want to read the story of how my husband made that beautiful piece, here's that blog post.


As you can see I have two trees in this room, our main tree and in the corner is my memory tree, a tree that is full of decorations that belonged to my mother and grandmother and a couple more vintage ones on there as well.  My main tree is mostly all vintage ornaments, either from "home" or thrifted - this is my second year for a tree like this, I used to have a primitive type tree with dark colors, now I've switched to all that kitschy Christmas stuff, I like it so much better!!













I have two corner shelves, both full of vintage Christmas.  These shelves are a godsend to me, my husband made them, out of doors.  I have a larger one in the kitchen, they hold so much stuff!!  It's great to have a handy and crafty husband!!














There's a shelf dedicated to old lights and light boxes.  I love that Shiny Brite wreath just as much as I did last year when I made it!!



The bannister is all decked out too - with an Annalee at the forefront!!


I took so many pictures for this post, it was really hard to pare it down, it was so hard to decide which ones to use.  It was fun though and now, on to visiting the other gals!  Why don't you link up some vintage Christmas?


Check out all the great posts in the group - Laura who spearheaded all the fun - Thrifter Merry Christmas Blog HopAdirondack Girl at HeartDeanie's Stash and Random Anny









18 comments:

  1. What a nice tour! Your close-up ornament pictures are wonderful! Fun "hop."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything in your living room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, it was so much fun looking at all of these pictures! Such great things!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love all you vintage Christmas! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat! Thank you it was lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lynne - thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. I love that you have a memory tree. What an awesome idea! I am still so in love with your "fireplace" :-)

    Happy Holidays!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so magical, I must get my decorating done more today fingers crossed! oxox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful collection, Jill! So many fun things to look at and enjoy--you've done a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Diana - I love vintage Christmas!

      Delete
  9. This is just perfection! I am getting some shelves in my living room in 2015...I have so many cute kitschy items to decorate with...thanks for all of the yummy photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These shelves come in so handy, all year round, I love them!!

      Thanks so much for stopping by!!

      Delete
  10. Loved seeing your pictures and a very nice tour!! I still just love that fireplace :) Everything is so cute!! Christmas hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything! You reminded me I want to make one of those neat ornament wreaths - maybe if I make it red it can count as our Valentine's wreath? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it all!!

    Lots of fun goodies to look at.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill it's me Elfhead if you're wondering. Love your blog! Your Home is beautiful and I also love all your pics! Can never have too many. Thanks for sharing ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you over here, Elfhead!! Thanks so very much!!

      Delete