Friday, May 9, 2014

Milestone - Two Hundred Vera Scarves!!

I now own 201 Vera scarves with these finds yesterday..


This is what two hundred Vera scarves look like..beautiful!!



I began this craze after reading about them on numerous blogs, I thought that it was something I should look for, well, that was November 2011 and this is what it has become.  My good friend Carol jumped on the Vera bandwagon shortly after that and now we snap a pic as soon as a new scarf is  purchased, we just have to see what the other has found!!  


Here's the first one I found back in 2011...



There are just so many patterns out there, very rarely, do I ever find a duplicate - florals, geometrics, stripes, sheers, solids, leaves and trees, paisleys, the list goes on.  And then there are long scarves, small and large squares, wing tips, tube scarves, tie scarves - made of silk, cotton, polyester, wool, oh, my , there are just so many....


I have found most of my scarves at the thrifts, very few have I purchased on line.  I actually found one at a yard sale once!!  Fellow bloggers have sent me scarves and of course, Carol and I have traded any duplicates.  I found some Vera's that my Mom had and I also have one that belonged to my mother in law - those are special ones  which I never expected to find!  I look for them wherever I go - I've brought scarves home from Florida, from Michigan, from Maine, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island but the majority of them have come from right here in Ontario.  I will continue to look for these beautiful pieces wherever I go!!


The very best day I ever had was finding twelve scarves at a thrift - it was really an exciting day for a Vera collector - here's that post if you'd like to relive that day with me!!


The one good thing about collecting scarves, they don't take up much space.  I keep them in this basket and that is my book that I record each scarf in.



I love the thrill of the hunt for these scarves, I can tell a lot of them just by the look and feel of them now and when I see that Vera signature and sometimes the ladybug, it's coming home with me!!


Check out the link up at We Call it Junkin, always lots of interesting posts there.  Today is the last day for Thrifty Things Friday, Linda and Diann have put a lot of work into this great little party  - but things change...  thanks to the both of you!!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats Jill! Lovely collection. And yes, it's great they don't take up a ton of space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. They are popping up here and there for us and in all kinds of condition. Always love seeing others collections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Here's to 200 more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a fun collection! I've started looking for them...because of you...but I haven't found one yet! Maybe next week I will! Have fun! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your collection grew fast, kind of like the Pyrex collection! I think they're all beautiful and it's so nice that you have some that belonged to you mom and Gary's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the collection all bet they were some of your best hauls visiting from thrifty groove have a great day and happy mothers day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's amazing Jill. At least they don't take up much room and are light. Do you wear any at all?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a feat! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I love Vera. I have been using some 70s Vera napkins for about 15 years. I picked them up used because of the colourful pattern, and only realized in the last few years how collectable they are. And good quality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill I have followed along with you on your Vera collecting and have enjoyed each one that you've found. Thanks for once again joining TTF! I'll still be visiting you!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jill I just featured you on my FB page!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun Jill! I have like 3 Vera scarves, can't imagine a collection of 200! A basket full of beauty, for sure. They take up lots less room than my tablecloths, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What an amazing collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hanna and I are always looking for Vera scarves for you but have had no luck! They just aren't that common around here, kind of like how Gurley Candles are for you. Your collection is so pretty! I love how you record what you have. I should really do that with my Pyrex, tablecloths, Fire King, well, everything!

    Have an awesome weekend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Vera Queen!

    I once tried to keep track of which thrift store I bought everything at, date, price... but it got overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This so awesome! They look beautiful all grouped together! I might have to try to find some Veras just to see if I can! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousMay 12, 2014

    Wow, 200! And I've never seen a single one in a thrift store or elsewhere! You must have the magic touch :)
    Thanks so much for sharing this at my History & Home link party, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete