Friday, November 1, 2013

More Comfort Food - Shepherd's Pie

Shepherd's Pie is not a dish that my Mom ever made, I started making it a couple of years ago and loved it the first time I made it!  This recipe comes for a local charity PEI cookbook - it's an easy recipe and tastes so good - it was our Halloween supper!   Did you know that food just tastes better in Pyrex?   It's true, it really does!   I used a piece of Woodland this time.  Click on the picture to see it real close up.


I'm linking this recipe to the From the Farm Blog Hop and Weekend Potluck 


6 medium potatoes

1 onion, chopped

1 lb. ground beef

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

14 oz. can creamed corn

1/2 cup milk

Cook potatoes, drain and mash.  If you like you can add a little milk and butter to the potatoes.  In frying pan, brown beef and onion; drain off excess fat.  Place meat and onion in a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.  Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, cream corn and milk.  Stir.  Cover meat mixture with mashed potatoes.  Sprinkle top with pepper.  Bake 40 minutes in 375 oven or until hot and bubbly.

ENJOY!

 


5 comments:

  1. Shepherd's pie was always a favourite when my boys were younger. I still make it occasionally for hubby and I. Good comfort food!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom never made this either. I remember it from elementary school cafeteria lunches. Think I will try your recipe. Have a great weekend. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum :) I have a vegan version I need to share on the blog that tastes just as good as the kind you got here. Yours still looks divine though, hungry now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so many things I love to eat all in one dish...and Pyrex always makes things taste better!!

    ReplyDelete