Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Royal SMASHing

Did you know that it is 60 years since the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth?  I've always been partial to all things royal - this week I watched a documentary on the Coronation, of course it was the first time a coronation  had been televised,  it showed the film reels being loaded on a plane headed for Canada - the next Coronation will be different, for sure - in this new tech world we live in - everything will be instant!


After watching that show, I knew I had to SMASH something for the Queen..


I've done a couple of Royal SMASH pages already...


In 1991, Charles and Diana came to Sudbury, Ontario - I stood on the side of the road, with Darcy in a stroller, hoping for a glimpse, well, it was a cloudy day with showers, they were late and all I saw was them speeding down the road, Diana was wearing a pink suit, she was waving...


In January, I started SMASHing  - my first page was one on Princess Diana..



I had another chance to see Royalty in 2011 and this one worked out way better, I just happened to be home on Prince Edward Island when Kate and William visited - it was well worth getting up in the middle of the night to get our position, in the front row - it was something I'll never forget...




SMASHing is such a great way to keep these memories alive - I can look at these any time and remember.   But, maybe now I'll go and have a look at my Coronation View Master reels, I found these last year at a Salvation Army for a couple of bucks.





Check out The Blog Post Office - it's a reverse linky, it's new and fun!!














17 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 04, 2013

    Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your pages on the Queen and Princess Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool that you have actually glimpsed Royalty!

    Love you pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to do pages with a theme like this! I love that you really sill your pages...lots to see! And I still have my old view master from my childhood. I don't have many things from way back then...but I have that! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute scrapbook pages! Love the View Master, too. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your pages are great Jill! Smashing looks like fun, but I'm afraid to start something else, LOL! I still remember watching when Diana got married, it was like the whole world stopped that day. Lucky you seeing Kate & William!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun smashed pages. I've never done this and don't know much about it. I love that you found some view master reels of the coronation! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely smashing. I just recently discovered this fun way to scrapbook and completed one book about a recent trip to the Grand Canyon. I have ideas for a couple more now.

    I was five when Elizabeth was crowned. Mum let my sister and me help her make a scrapbook of the event. I wish I knew where it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! Clever you. Oh for some more time, to do stuff like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jill!
    Such fun to find out about your love of the Royals. Your smash book pages are great - how wonderful to not only have "fan" pages but also have been there for their visits, you lucky.
    Um... I have some postal First Day Covers from the 25th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation and I have some other stamps too --- I'm thinking I might know a good person to give them to now. :) Do you have any interest in stamp stuff commemorating the Royal family? My mom was a big stamp collector and a history buff and anglophile. I've got too much stuff and too small a house!
    Let me know ...
    Happy almost weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your pages! The Queen and Great Britian intrigues me as well! Where did you get the SMASH books again?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is cute, and new to me...very cool! Thanks for sharing the post at The Blog POST OFFICE. Please visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative pages. You are so right. The way stories are covered now is so different. So much camera technology out there, you can't hide a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pages! British royalty is fascinating! Won't be too long before there is a new member of the club! Should be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun stuff! Amazing that you have the viewmaster slides! Love your smash books and the stories that go along with them! Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas and following. I'm now following as well.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousJune 13, 2013

    Your SMASH pages look great, more like traditional scrapbooking than the modern way, I like it! Prince Edward Island, isn't that where Anne of Green Gables was set? Love that book! Take care - Dawn @ We Call it Junkin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I didn't know that they made View Master reels of the coronation. It goes to show that they can make reels out of anything. What other reels do you have? I still have a collection of Addams Family reels. I also have to say that your SMASH pages look great! Thanks for sharing!
    -Francesca@Image 3D

    ReplyDelete