Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Finally Got Some Rhubarb!

I've been on the hunt for rhubarb - I looked at a couple of stores - one had nothing, the other only had US - no sense in buying that when there must be fresh Ontario rhubarb somewhere.  I didn't have to wait long - my neighbour poked his head over the fence and offered me some - no hesitation - I wanted rhubarb!!

I made  Strawberry Rhubarb Meringue Pie and it's delicious!
This is what it looked like when I cooked the fruit mixture - it looks good even without the meringue.  I'm not very good at pie crusts  - I have no problem using a store bought one!!  And - doesn't it look nice in pretty pink Pyrex?


The meringue turned out so nice!!


We loved it  - definitely will make this again!! 


Now I've planted my own rhubarb plant - I'll be harvesting my own next year!

1 comment:

  1. That pie--and the Py plate--look delish! Homegrown or locally grown rhubarb is the best.

    Oddly enough, I bought a pink Pyrex pie plate just like that one yesterday at the same antique mall where I got the radio!

    ReplyDelete